Who should attend: Deck Operational, Deck Management, Engine Operational, Engine Management and support
Objectives and Benefits:The aim of this course is to provide an overview of the structural fire protection of vessels with regards to the fire precautions of important areas of ships, the class divisions and the emergency power supply systems.
- General Fire Precautions
- Specific Fire Precautions
- Structural Fire protection
- Means of escape
- Emergency Power Supply Systems
- Emergency switchboards
Legislation & References:
- The International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS):
- Chapter II-1 – Construction – Subdivision and stability, machinery and electrical installations.
- Chapter II-2 – Fire protection, fire detection and fire extinction.
- Chapter III-3 – Life-saving appliances and arrangements.
- International Code for Fire Safety Systems (FSS Code), adopted by the MSC by resolution MSC.98(73)
- Fire Test Procedures (FTP Code) (1998 Edition)