Who should attend: Deck Officers – Management and Operational Level
Objectives and benefits: Navigational Safety is a priority. The aim of this course is to provide learners with the required information in order to introduce them to the normal configurations of ECDIS and the various chart types.
- Understand the basic information you should be aware of when navigating with ECDIS.
- Outline the basic characteristics and advantages of ECDIS.
- Understand the requirements for installing and operating ECDIS.
- Comprehend how to use the safety functions of ECDIS, how to update and protect ECDIS charts and how to record and back up ECDIS operations.
Legislation & References:
- SOLAS Chapter V
- STCW as amended
- IMO model course 1.27 and Resolutions