Who should attend: Existing and prospective Safety Officers
Objectives and benefits: Under the International Safety Management (ISM) code, every ship must appoint a Ship Safety Officer (SSO) who has the knowledge, experience, and skills to look over the important safety issues related to ship safety and crew’s well-being.
- Understand requirements of the International Management System (ISM).
- Apply the requirements of Safety Management System on board a ship (SMS).
- Organize safe operations on board a ship and prevention of pollution.
- Apply the methods of conducting additional training on board a ship for safety and environmental protection.
- Safety investigation of Casualties & Incidents.
Legislation & References:
- STCW-78, as amended
- STCW Code, as amended
- SOLAS-74, as amended
- MARPOL 73/78, as amended
- ILO-Maritime Labour Convention 2006 (MLC)
- IMO ISM Code
- UKMCA “Code of Safe Working Practices For Merchant Seamen”
- TMSA Elements 9
- IMO Model Course 3.11