Who should attend: All crew (Operational & Management)
Objectives and benefits: The aim of this course is to provide information about ERMA FIRST BWTS components and overall system operation, in order to be prepared to operate the system.
- Introduction to Ballast Water Treatment (BWT) Operation;
- Operation of each one of the components of the BWTS;
- System’s operation during ballasting and de-ballasting;
- Monitoring of the Ballast Water Treatment System (BWTS);
- Examples of system’s operation: Crude oil tanker and bulk carrier;
- Examples of system’s operation: Container vessel, Car carrier and LPG carrier.
Legislation & References:
- IMO and USCG regulations. ERMA FIRST BWTS is designed and operated based on these regulations.